Due to covid-19, I am currently providing all appointments over phone and video.
Purchase my Book
Due to an inherent propensity for men to keep emotions under wraps, men struggling with anxiety often suffer in silence and may isolate, becoming less communicative. The challenges facing men are distinct and the health repercussions of anxiety are severe. An estimated 40 million adults in the United States experience anxiety which makes it a prevalent medical condition that should not be underestimated. If you are noticing on-going problems, it is time to take action. To deal with on-going anxiety, there are several strategies and effective tools a man can learn that can complement the “man cave”. You will notice a marked improvement in your health and well-being.
- EMDR Defined by EMDR Canada
- Healing Solutions Explanation of EMDR
- EMDR Therapy Offers New Hope
- Wikipedia: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Calm and Confident based on EMDR
- Getting Past Your Past: Take Control of Your Life With Self-help Techniques From EMDR Therapy
- Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think
- Nonviolent Communication (Assertive Communication)
- Odin Books: Great Self-help bookstore based in Vancouver, BC.<
- Banyen Books: Excellent bookstore based in Vancouver, BC.
Helpful Telephone Numbers:
- Crisis Line 604-872-3311
- SAFER (Suicide Attempt Follow-up, Education and Research)
3rd Floor, 1669 East Broadway, Vancouver V5N 1V9 – 604-675-3985
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors – official website of the BCACC where you will find a wealth of counselling resources used by members and the general public.