“I’m more confident
and feeling a lot
Men Benefit from Therapy Too!
Typically, in our society, men are expected to know all of the answers and keep their head up no matter what the situation. Talking to a female therapist who understands men and their problems can help.
Why EMDR Treatment Works and is Especially Effective for Male Clients
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a solution focused type of therapy which allows for healing to occur at a very fast rate. EMDR does not require that a client share every detail of their experience with their therapist. This therapeutic technique uses a systematic approach for working through the majority of problems clients face with a beginning and an end to each part. Clients only need to work on the specific issues they want to and it does not require homework in-between sessions. EMDR was initally thought of as a treament stategy for PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) – as it is so effective for treating severe trauma, it very may likely be able to help you.
Some benefits to EMDR work include:
- Feel more relaxed and at peace with yourself
- Increased confidence
- Feel more in control of your life
- Develop skills to resolve conflict and to communicate
- Develop healthy relationships and behaviours
- Be free of shame and guilt from not living up to
- Feel good about your body
- Let go of old memories that seem to haunt you